What Are The Symptoms Of Poor Gut Health?
- While some symptoms are telltale, others are tougher to diagnose. The signs that this prime portion has given way and something is amiss in the region, are as follows:
- Constipation, diarrhoea and acidity that translates into heartburn are the most common signs that the area isn’t functioning as well as it should
- Inflammation, bloating and pain in this region
- Unexplained weight loss or gain. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) causes a person to lose weight while a reduction in the absorption of nutrients causes weight gain, as the person overeats due to the nutrients not being absorbed
- Sleep disturbances due to levels of serotonin being affected