Adrenal Dysfunction And Stress
Are you feeling fatigued and unable to carry out daily chores?
Are you constantly craving sweet or salty foods?
Do you often experience lightheadedness?
Are you constantly looking for energy sources to get you through the day?
It may be an adrenal insufficiency that is causing these feelings. Get natural therapy with zero side effects.
While the production of cortisol by the glands is vital in the body’s response to any pressure situation, constant triggering of the mechanism could cause an overwhelm. This would lead to an underproduction of cortisol when the body really needs it and could have disastrous effects. Naturopathy does not simply address the endocrine glands during therapy, but rather this entire mechanism and all the parts involved in it.
The HPA axis works to ensure optimal response to the situation. It is a feedback loop system on the basis of which it functions
- A stressful event occurs
- The sympathetic nervous system produces epinephrine and norepinephrine that cause perspiration and an increase in heart rate, usual responses to something that causes fear in humans
- The HPA axis is activated
- The first part of the axis, the hypothalamus senses the rise in norepinephrine levels and secrets corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) in response
- CRH too contributes to the perspiration, increase in heart rate etc.
- It also has another role which is to activate the second part of the axis, the pituitary gland
- The gland secretes adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) which further activates the last part of the axis, the adrenal glands
- The hormone causes the glands to produce cortisol that helps the body get the extra energy supply it needs to deal with the stress