The essential differentiating factor responsible for male and female characteristics is the hormones. An excess or absence can cause a person’s gender to sway towards the other side.
Estrogen is one such hormone which plays a vital role in shaping the feminine characteristics. Though males possess this hormone too, the levels are much lesser than those in females and this accounts for them not having female traits.
However, as in the cases of some disorders, a trigger sets off the hormones to be overproduced or under-produced and in this case, there is a condition known as estrogen dominance that is seen widely. Therefore, it is important to detox excess estrogen.
My Vital Health Solutions Melbourne offers natural therapies to counter the effects of estrogen dominance, and also set the hormone levels right.
When is estrogen detoxification required?
The role of estrogen in the female body is pivotal. It determines the secondary sexual characteristics, plays the key hormone in puberty, menopause and its level being low can cause several complications in women, such as osteoporosis.
Though estrogen has been ascertained as an important hormone, nothing good in excess can ever be healthy.
When the body begins to display high estrogen symptoms, it is time for estrogen detoxification.
When to detox excess estrogen?
There are certain conditions in which estrogen levels spike and are the signs that you need to detox excess estrogen. These are:
- Obesity can be a cause for estrogen levels to go up
- If you have recently undergone an estrogen replacement therapy, there may be an imbalance of this hormone
- For some reason, if your progesterone levels are low, then estrogen may compensate by being higher. Estrogen and progesterone are the two main female hormones
What are the symptoms of high estrogen levels?
The of high estrogen symptoms are as follows:
- Mood swings
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Decreased sex drive
- Irregular menstrual periods
Needless to say, the effects of high estrogen can really take one’s health for a toss.
What are the natural ways to detox estrogen?
If you are experiencing high estrogen symptoms, naturopath Domenic Pisanelli will take you through a natural way to lower the levels of this hormone in the body.
Hormone levels changing is the body’s way of communicating that there is something wrong with your lifestyle or diet. Thus, the natural way to resolve this is considered as the best option.
Certain approaches prefer steroids as a solution. But we at My Vital Health Solutions Melbourne have always been firm believers of the body agreeing best to natural substances.
A few natural ways to detox estrogen are as follows:
- Low fat and high-fibre diet promote weight loss. This is turn will lead to your estrogen levels balancing themselves
- Cruciferous vegetables are a great way to detox all that unnecessary estrogen. Broccoli, cauliflower, flaxseeds, whole grains are a must add to your estrogen detox diet
- If you are on birth control pills, there is a chance that your hormone levels are being affected. In this case, our naturopaths will advise you accordingly
- In some cases, females go on hormone replacement therapy during menopause to balance their hormones and avoid the adverse effects of this phase. If your hormone replacement therapy is causing estrogen levels to spike, speak to your doctor today
- Follow an estrogen detox diet recommended by us
Detox Excess estrogen to live a healthy life
Excess estrogen does not only cause a hormonal imbalance but further a range of symptoms that affect your mood, mental well-being and more.
You needn’t have to go through this. We understand how hormones can create havoc, and thus have an experienced team of professionals to handle this and restore their levels to normal.
Using science-based testing, we conduct an adrenocortex stress profile in order to get an idea of the hormone levels. In addition, a saliva test enables us to profile the level of estrogen.
We then recommend supplements to tackle excess estrogen and natural remedies such as fish oil, etc. The aim is not to cure, but to deal with the root cause.
Visit My Vital Health Solutions today and let us get those hormones back to their right levels with a little detoxing!