For myself, having Health Goals and Plans creates systems and when I have systems it produces routines. With routines comes confidence and with confidence, emotions are mimimised, if not eliminated.
With emotions taken out of the picture it’s easier to make the right decisions for creating the life of your dreams.
Within all Health Goals and Plans it’s important to have contingencies, guidelines and rules when things go wrong. For those who are already aware of this . . . well done!
Especially when a cold or flu maybe lurking!
What do you have right now as a system that takes care of the unfortunate incident if you became ill or bedridden? For the purpose of this email, I want to have a look at colds and or if you get the flu.
Eight years ago all I needed at home for my family, myself and patients was a herbal mix sitting on the shelf ready for immediate use if someone caught a bug. Most people’s symptoms disappeared in a day or two. Hopefully you caught the words ‘sitting on the shelf ready for use.’ Not, “oh I am sick what do I need to do now.” Because when a bug does strike it’s usually late on a Friday night, on the weekend or when it does hit, doing something about it, for most people is too hard during such an ordeal.
Five years ago I had to add to the herbal mix that served my family and my patients for decades another capsule of herbs because the bugs were getting stronger. 3 times a day was all that was needed to bring the symptoms under control. Today it’s the same herbal mix, PLUS 3 herbal and nutrient tablets taken every two hours until symptoms ease.
The viruses and bacteria are getting stronger. And for myself I have a plan of attack sitting on my shelf every day because these super bugs, in the future will no longer be at their worst during winter.
If you get sick with a cold or the flu, right at this moment do you have a plan? What have you got on your shelf that can protect you and your family? Are you unsure what to do?
Each of us will have our own answers. For me I know what a cold or flu does to people’s judgment, their emotions and their decision-making processes. When a cold or flu does strike I would like to give you a plan, a system that you and your family can use so that you are able to get rid of it safely and within a very short period of time.
But first let’s think Prevention.
Protecting Yourself Against The Flu
Having a strong, healthy immune system is your best insurance against influenza, helping reduce susceptibility to colds and flus.
During Summer, Spring or Autumn usually is a good time with less bugs, however if one does strike from an Ancient medicine perspective, it can be 10 times more severe than if you caught one in winter. The reason is because in Summer, Spring or Autumn wind, heat and cold weakens your immune system more which can allow viruses and bacteria to get deeper into tissues.
The stronger your immune system is, the better it will be able to fight viruses and bacteria if they come into contact with you.
Your Immune System: The Army Within
Inside your body there is an amazing system of immune cells and tissues whose sole purpose is to defend you against invasion by bacteria, viruses, allergens and parasites. Collectively, this is called your immune system.
A healthy immune system is like having your own private army. When the soldiers in your army are working well, you hardly even notice that they are there. You feel healthy; you have low levels of inflammation, and you are resistant to infections.
However, when the army becomes disorganised, confused or overworked, then you may start to notice signs that all is not right.
Your army is in constant contact with many kinds of potential invaders (e.g. bacteria, viruses, parasites, allergens). Each line of defense within your immune system has its own weapons and methods of attack to fight off these potential invaders.
Armour For Your Army
There are some key herbs and nutrients that may help your army to fight off any potential invaders and prevent infections this winter.
- Herbal immune booster: Andrographis paniculata is an Ayurvedic herb which has a long history of use for bacterial and viral infections. Clinical studies have shown it may reduce the severity and duration of colds and flu. Its anti-inflammatory properties contribute to its symptom-relieving properties.
- Nutrients for immune support:
- Zinc is the most important mineral for your immune function. A zinc deficiency may cause a weaker immune response, predisposing you to a more lengthy or severe cold. In fact, optimal zinc status has been found to inhibit the common cold virus.
- Vitamin C is also important as it increases the activity of infection-fighting white blood cells and it works best in doses above 2,000 mg. Vitamin C may prevent the common cold as well as shorten the duration of the symptoms. These two important nutrients for the immune system are available from us in a pleasant tasting powdered supplement. Importantly not just any Vitamin C, Sodium Ascorbate is by far the best.
- Another example is Glutathione: Glutathione is a small molecule made up of three amino acids, which exists in almost every cell of the body. Therefore every cell in the body needs this all-important nutrient for the body to function at peak levels. When it is deficient serious health challenges can occur.
Spray Liposomal Glutathione with the first sign of a cold or flu. 83% of people will notice nearly a 100% removal of Symptoms IMMEDIATELY. However if you wait a day or two it needs to be take very often. Here’s the kicker and even some of the top natural suppliers in the world don’t know this. When taken orally it must be in a liposomal form because if it’s in a powdered form it becomes oxidised and is nearly useless.
Good bacteria for a good immune system: The following two are available in one container.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM is a strain of beneficial bacteria that naturally occurs in the human gastrointestinal tract and is important for healthy digestive and immune function.
- Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 is another good bacterium that has been shown to maintain normal immune response in healthy individuals; and Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 enhances cellular immune resistance through stimulation of your immune soldiers, particularly of natural killer cells.
- These immune-boosting good bacteria are available in one easy to take capsule – just ask us about it today.
Here’s how you can combine the above with the first signs of a cold or flu. (Put into a System) Spray 2pumps of Liposomal Glutathione and swallow 2 x Androgaphis and 2 x Zinc tablets immediately.
Also combine in one glass of water . . . 2 scoops of Vitamin C (2,000mg); one scoop of good bacteria and one dessertspoon of real lemon in water.
If you do this at the first signs of a cold or flu, as mentioned above you have a 83% chance of getting rid of it immediately.
Please note adjustments need to be made for dosages for children
Diet And Lifestyle – Foundations For Good Health
As well as the nutritional and herbal supplements discussed, there are some simple dietary and lifestyle tips you can follow to keep your army strong this winter.
- Toxins, chemicals and over-processing of food has become codmmon in the last decade with the result that many packaged and fast foods have little or no nutritional benefit and yet are high in sugar, fat and salt. In order to boost your immune system, it is important to reduce fatty, processed foods and eat lots of fruit and vegetables, wholegrains and foods containing essential fats (such as oily fish, nuts and seeds).
- De-stress! Enjoy plenty of rest and relaxation. Stress can actually reduce your resistance to infection.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise reduces inflammation and can support healthy immunity.
- Increase water intake to six to eight glasses per day. Water is essential for all aspects of good health. And you may remember from a previous email – add 1 x dessertspoon of lemon in water 3 times a day.
Look After Yourself And Respect Others
If you have symptoms of flu, it is recommended you stay at home, rest and recover. This means you are giving yourself the best chance to get well as soon as possible. It is also showing consideration to your work colleagues and not sharing your virus with others. If work is your home what is in your Heath plan to take care of this?
And Lastly, Have Faith In Your Immune System
Your own body has an amazing capacity to heal itself. Be confident in your body’s ability to heal itself and fight any bacteria and viruses your body meets naturally during the year!
Until Next time,
Dedicated to Improving Your Wellbeing and Committed To Helping You Achieve Abundance